Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In Support of Unknown Authors Everywhere . . . Especially Me

Although not necessarily cooking related, this little block of space on the Bon Vivant blog today will be devoted to talking briefly about an event that, while virgin territory for me, is near and dear to my heart. I'm writing this post for various reasons:

Reason No. 1: Because I can.
Reason No. 2: Because you can’t stop me.
Reason No. 3: In the spirit of revelations, I want to impart a bit of info upon you, my loyal, supportive, fantastic, incredible readers. (Do I have your attention yet?)

On Saturday, June 9, 2010, I will be participating in Books Without Borders, an event to be held in Yonkers, NY at the Yonkers Riverfront Library on the Yonkers Waterfront.

Books Without Borders is an event that will celebrate the wonderful world of books! This event brings together booksellers, agents, publishers and distributers with authors. There will be seminars, workshops and panel discussions. Also at the event will be authors (such as myself, an independent author, and my very first time presenting my work at such an event) selling their books (come join the festivities and stop by the table of yours truly, Valerie Albarda!) to promote themselves and their work (how many hints do you need?!?).

Here's the best part (well, besides the fact that I will be there with copies of my books for sale): the event is absolutely FREE. (Okay, if that didn't get your attention, you must be falling asleep....)

In case you’re wondering, my titles are as follows: 

[Notice how I conveniently linked the title of each book directly to Amazon.com? Makes it soooo much easier for you to purchase your very own copies (and I stress the word 'copies'), in the highly and amazingly unlikely event that you simply cannot make it to Yonkers on Saturday. It’s okay; I’ll forgive you for not attending . . . once you purchase a book.]



So if you have plans for this Saturday, June 9 from 10am – 4pm, cancel them and make your way down to:

1 Larkin Center
Yonkers, NY

Come out and support struggling (oops! Did I say struggling? I meant independent, hard-working, persevering and tenacious) authors such as myself. There may be other, more well-known authors in attendance but, heck, they’ve already made it – give us 'unknown' struggling (there's that word again...) authors a chance.

Remember: Look for my table as I’ll have copies of my books available and will also hold a raffle for free books! Surely you won’t want to miss that, do you?!?









No comments:

Post a Comment