* * * * * * * * * * *Marinated Bacon Wrapped Scallops
(Contributor: Valerie Albarda)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
12 large sea scallops halved
12 slices turkey bacon, halved
1. In a bowl, mix together maple syrup, Dijon mustard and soy sauce until smooth. Add the scallops and coat with mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
2. When ready to prepare scallops, preheat oven to 375° (190°C).
3. Arrange bacon on a baking sheet without overlapping. Bake until some of the grease has been rendered out of the bacon (8 minutes or so). Remove bacon from sheet and pat with paper towel to remove excess grease. Also wipe excess grease from baking sheet.
4. Wrap each marinated scallop with bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake until the bacon is crisp and scallops are opaque (turning once during baking) – about 10-15 minutes.