Friday, May 20, 2011

The Start of Something Great? BlogHer Food '11 Conference

I'm on the fly! Sitting here, as I type at 9:10 a.m., in the Peachtree Ballroom of the Westin Hotel in Atlanta (a city I have come to realize that I've missed terribly these 19 months since moving away to Connecticut), I look around and see the room quickly filling with bloggers and writers who, like me, have an affinity for food.

Is it possible that food is the great equalizer? Okay, I'll leave all of the deep stuff for another time, but I will say this: Food has brought me here, to the BlogHer Food '11 Conference. It is the catalyst for my journey--a journey that I don't mind embarking on.

So while I sit and wait for the welcome address from BlogHer founders Elisa Camahort Page and Jory Des Jardins, I look forward to making new contacts and, hopefully, a friend or two.

1 comment: