Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipe of the Week (April 24-30, 2011): Taco Dip

This weeks' recipe comes to me by way of my sister, Wanda. She stumbled upon this Taco Dip recipe years ago and it is by far the best taco dip I've ever tasted. It works great for parties (I made it for this years' Super Bowl Without the Super Bowl Party) and tends to disappear quickly. Since I don't partake in ground beef and would ever only make this dish with ground turkey, I've renamed it "Turkey Taco Dip" -- for obvious reasons. But I'm sure it works just as well with beef, as well. Pair it with a nice sturdy dip and you're good to go.

Try it at your next gathering, pot-luck, or when you have an urge to just pig out all by yourself!

Enjoy!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *
1 1/2 lb. ground turkey

2 8-ozs. bars of cream cheese, softened
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
8 ozs. - 16 ozs. chunky salsa (more or less, depending on your liking)
Taco seasoning (low sodium)

Preheat oven to 350°. Cook ground turkey (draining excess liquid) and add taco seasoning mix with water, according to package instructions. Layer ingredients as follows: spread the cream cheese in a casserole dish; next add ground turkey, then salsa and, finally, top with cheese.

Bake @350° until cheese melts. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment